When immigrants are under attack, what do we do? When white supremacists commit murder in Charlottesville, what do we do? STAND UP, FIGHT BACK!
So you are shocked, shaken and angry about the white supremacist violence in Virginia, and about the white supremacists in the White House. And you're outraged about Trump's border wall, Muslim travel ban, and exclusionary immigration proposal... every single day families *here in Minnesota* are being torn apart by detention and deportation!
Join us at this month's General Meeting to...
- Find out what immediate and longer-term actions are being asked for by organizers of color nation-wide and locally
- Explore how this administration's cruel and illegal immigration policies hook up with the rise of white nationalist hate
- Learn from local immigrants' rights activists about the political context and current crisis,
- Hear about ongoing resistance in the Twin Cities, and
- Figure out what YOU can do to push back against racist targeting and deportation of our immigrant neighbors, and against white supremacist violence right in your neighborhood.
Whether these issues are new for you since Charlottesville, or you've been concerned about immigration, white violence and racism for years, this General Meeting will bring new insight and action options.
*Childcare will be provided! Please comment below to let us know how many kiddos you'll be bringing and their ages!*